Monday, October 1, 2012

Broke Girl in Denial Problems: Getting Your Chai Fix

It has to be said. I am broke. Acceptance is part of coping, I'm told, but as I reel from my recent fall from funding (read: becoming an adult) I find a bit of denial here and there a welcome comfort. There are just some things you get so used to being available, and affordable, that you have to get clever to get that fix on your newfound, nearly non-existent, budget. Periodically, I'll update you on my convoluted methods of recreating the luxuries of my former life in a short segment I'm calling "Broke Girl in Denial Problems," available in HD where supported.

Problem #1: "It's chilly out and, therefore, I need a chai latte."

Solution: Make a chai fraudatte out of things you really ought to have in your kitchen anyway. Put the kettle on and make yourself a cuppa fall spice flavored tea. ( I chose The Republic of Tea's Comfort and Joy blend for it's aromatic qualities and presence in my pantry.) While this steeps warm some milk (how much and what kind is up to you. Finally! You can be that guy with the order so complex the barista reevaluates every life decision that has brought them to this moment!) Finally, add that milk and three or four spoonfuls of sugar and mix with a spoon (or a tiny whisk, of you are as lucky as I am in the adorable kitchen utensils department.)

Enjoy it. After all, it's mildly chilly out. It's not like you could just not have a latte. That would be crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment